This is the privacy notice of Ripe Digital.
In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refers to Ripe Digital
We are company number 3150935 registered in the UK.
Our registered office is at Unit 1, Park Lane Industrial Estate, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 9LG.
This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us for business purposes. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website. We do not store cookies on our website. We occasionally use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect basic information on visitors to our website. This information does not identify a visitor and we are purely looking to record behaviour patterns and monitor the effectiveness of our website.
Data we process
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
- Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title.
- Your contact information includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information required to complete the job.
- Your financial data only includes information such as the status of your payments, including outstanding amounts.
- Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from us.
- Your profile includes information such as orders made by you.
- Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services. We will only send marketing communications to customers and enquirers who have given permission for us to do so.
- We do not collect any special personal or ‘sensitive’ information about you and we are only storing this data in the interests of our business together. All records will be kept for a maximum of five years in the event that we have the relevant information to reprint previous orders. After five years, all personal details will be deleted.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
- Contractual obligation When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We may use it in order to provide you with our services, verify your identity for security purposes, sell products to you, provide you with suggestions and advice on products and services. We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
- Information we process with your consent. Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.We will never pass your name and contact information to third parties.We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.after 7 years? You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests. We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. We would consider whether the same objective could be achieved through other means, whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm, whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so. For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business, responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response, protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party, insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk, protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
- Information relating to your method of payment. Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
- Job application and employment. If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to two years in case we decide to contact you at a later date. If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to three years before deleting it.
Communicating with us When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
Complaints When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
Disclosure and sharing of your information Credit reference - To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Control over your own information It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes. At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you. If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information, you should contact us to make your request. This may limit the service we can provide to you. When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Encryption of data sent between us. Where do we keep the data and how is it secure?